Write. Plan. Create.
Flip through my snazzy online portfolio. Of course it’s hard to show examples of a lot of the non-writing stuff. You sorta had to be there. Scroll down for a peek at my resume.
Freelance Communications – Writing, Editing, Public Relations, Events
2007 – Present
Clients include the following.
- Project management, Windows of Wayne Magazine, Wayne County Chamber of Commerce - Served as the editor of Windows of Wayne, contributing and coordinating editorial and photography, as well as providing full design services.
- Social Media Strategy, Wings Over Wayne Air Show on behalf of Goldsboro Wayne Travel & Tourism - North Carolina's largest air show in 2011. | Facebook | Twitter: @wingsoverwayne
- Writing - Roanoke Beacon website copy
- Writing - Weekly blogging for the Coalition for Responsible Fire Protection
- Editing - Advanced Comfort Technologies - Agricultural services firm.
- Web design - Pig In the Park - BBQ cook-off competition to raise money for the Boys & Girls Club of Wayne County.
- Writing & Editing, Strategic Sustainability Consulting - Boutique consulting for the green economy.
- Features, Transitions Abroad - Online portal for working, living, studying and traveling overseas.
- Public Relations, Becerra Photography - Award-winning Oregon wedding photographer.
- Writing & Editing, Jim Gion – Art Dog - Sculptor.
- Grant Writing, East Anglian Ballet, Suffolk, UK (volunteer) - Non-profit ballet organization.
Assistant Area Site Director, University of Oklahoma, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, UK
2009 - 2010
- Marketing, Writing, & Editing – Promoted Oklahoma education opportunities via aggressive marketing that included newsletters, e-mails, presentations, events, and advertisements. Marketing efforts increased enrollment and student population by 25% from previous year.
Employee Communications Specialist, WGI (now known as URS), International enginnering , construction, and program management, Idaho, 2004 - 2007
- Project Management – Annual performance award program revamp. Through effective communication, participation increased 50% in 2005 and 20% in 2006.
- Project Management, Writing & Editing – Developed and managed employee eNews distributed to 24,000 employees worldwide. More than 90% of employees surveyed relied on eNews for company information.
- Campaigns – Engaged corporate employees in the highest‐earning United Way campaign ever in 2005, a 60% increase from the previous year, raising a total $118,000. Raised $125,000 in 2006.
- Writing & Editing – Employee magazine, press releases, annual reports, web content.
- Event Planning – Served as conference manager for the company’s annual Worldwide Leadership Conference where 130 executives and their spouses are hosted. Managed all aspects of the five-day, two-city event from concept to implementation, including lodging, transportation, catering, agenda, audio/visual, video production, and recreation. Brought the event in $200,000 under its $1 million budget and scored 95% positive in survey results.
- Event Planning & Public Relations – Planned and managed the corporate headquarters’ employee and community events and related press, to include “Ride your ‘Hog’ to Work Day”(motorcycle safety), major donations, volunteer projects, and children’s events.
Copy Editor & Reporter, Herald and News Newspaper, Oregon
2003 – 2004
- Writing, Editing & Page Design
Marketing & Promotions Intern, University of Florida Athletic Association
2003 – 2004
- Event Management – In-game event coordination and special event planning and management..
Writing & Editing –Wrote and edited copy for videos, television and print advertisements, newsletters, press releases, and public address scripts.
- MA in Human Relations (Organizational Behavior), University of Oklahoma, 2009
- BA in Public Relations and Journalism, University of Oregon, 2002